We can supply a course at your venue or one of our venues listed below.
Please see our website calendar for dates of our CTI Courses and contact our office for other venue locations and dates.
COST: $135.00 PP inclusive of GST
DURATION: The Course is conducted over 3.5 Hours.
PRE LEARNING: Please read the Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook (click here to download) or collect one from CTI or Vic Roads to read prior to the course.
YOU MUST SUPPLY INDENTIFICATION:
Your Drivers Licence or Learners Permit OR 2 ITEMS
One Primary ID: Which includes either Passport or Birth Certificate AND
One Secondary ID :Which includes a Medicare Card, Pensioner Card, Veterans Affairs Card or Student ID.
PAYMENT METHODS: CASH can be paid on the night or EFTPOS can be prepaid prior to the course by calling the office on 54286790.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS: A Marine licence (Boat/PWC Course) is conducted using a Power point presentation and TSV handbook followed by a theory assessment.
Once the course is successfully completed this information is sent to CTI for production of your TSV Certificate. This certificate remains valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
This Certificate is then to be taken to Vic Roads for your Marine Licence.
REASSESSMENT POLICY: A reassessment can be conducted at an agreeable time at no extra cost.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY: A $50 Non-Refundable Deposit is required on booking your course.
If the course is paid in full and you require a Refund, only the Deposit is retained.
COMPLAINTS & APPEALS: If you have any Complaints or Appeals about your course you can contact Raelene Patterson, Director of CTI on 5428 6790 to deal with your complaint.
Any other questions or information required, please contact our Office.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR A LICENCE: Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
- A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
(i) The law of another State or Territory, or
(ii) The law of another country,
In circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
- A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension.
- Persons aged under 16 years of age are not eligible to obtain a personal watercraft endorsement.
Applicants should note that they will be required to meet the health requirements for operating a car, motorcycle or boat and this may include further testing where appropriate.
To book a Marine licence (Boat/PWC Course) contact CTI on (03) 5428 6790.
182 Essex St, Footscray
15 Barrie Rd, Tullamarine