Construction is a career choice that ticks a lot of desirable boxes. Working outdoors in the fresh air? Tick. Forming strong work relationships with a team? Tick. Stimulating, challenging work? Tick. Good pay? Tick. The list of constructions perks goes on and on. So, if you’re thinking about a career in construction, where the heck are you supposed to start?
This is a good question. While previous generations of construction workers simply rocked up to a worksite, asked for an apprenticeship and started working, it doesn’t usually go like this anymore. Construction bosses are looking for skilled, qualified workers who already know what they’re doing. But where do you get skilled and qualified? The answer is: a construction course!
Why choose a construction course?
Completing a course in construction is the best way to secure a job in the industry. It gives you the skills you need, it shows employers that you’re serious about your career and it’s the perfect opportunity to network. It’s also a great time to get a taste for a range of different construction roles; a highly regarded construction training organisation should offer loads of different courses such as:
- Crane operation
- Elevating work platform
- Load shifting and hoists
- Cert III in Civil Construction
As you can see, this allows you to gain broad experience in the construction industry and see what interests you the most.
Construction Training International
Construction Training International is one of the best places to start your career in construction. They offer courses in all the areas of construction mentioned above and more. Other benefits involved in starting your career with CTI include:
- Supportive learning environment – you’ll be trained in a supportive, encouraging space with loads of help available, guaranteeing your success throughout the course.
- Expert trainers – the trainers aren’t just course graduates. They’re seasoned professionals in the construction industry, with years of experience under their belts. They’re not like some uni lecturers who’ve never worked a day in their field!
- State of the art equipment – CTI use advanced, modern technology when training their students. This will impress future employers when you show them your understanding of modern construction methods.
- Fun, engaging courses – all courses at CTI are designed to be engaging, hands-on and fun. This means you won’t be stuck behind a desk, cramming facts for an exam or pounding out boring essays.
If you want to start your career in construction, your best bet is to enrol in a construction course. If you’ve been thinking about it, get in touch with a highly regarded Registered Training Organisation… like Construction Training International! CTI offer expert training, state-of-the-art equipment and a supportive, fun environment to give you all the skills you need to become a more-than-qualified construction professional.